Saint Joseph Cemetery at Saint John Paul II Parish exists to meet the needs of individuals in preparation for, at the time of, and following the death of a loved one. The ministry we provide extends into the area of liturgy, prayer, comfort, support, grief and evangelization. Our ministry is rooted in the reality of the human person as an embodied spirit. That embodiment is sacred, for it locates the human spirit in history and in place.
Here is a little history from +Helen Winans’ book:
1939 - the old pioneers of the church purchased the land
1943 - deed was recorded
1967 - on the ninth of august cemetery was deeded to the parish and the blessing of the cemetery took place
1998 - under the leadership of father john turk a shrine was built at the cemetery by men of our parish who volunteered to do the work. the projects got started. those involved in building of the shrine were joe sabat, pete terringo, and john jesionek.
1999 - shrine was dedicated by father turk. the pieta statue is in memory of carl and angeline benus. the saint joseph statue was given in memory of harley winans by wife helen.